Tuesday 24 July 2012

My Aviary Postal Swap

Today's card is one I made for a postal swap that a fellow Pinkie, Laura Southam organised. I posted them out last week so think I am safe to share now as everyone should have received their card by now.


I used one of my favourite Stampin' Up! sets - Aviary. Love love love the cute little birds and their cages.
I stamped the cage and bird onto Confetti White card using Marina Mist and Basic Gray inks and punched it out using the 1 3/4" Circle Punch. This was then matted onto circles of Basic Gray and Marina Mist card cut using the Big Shot and the Circles #2 Original Die. I cut a sliver off the circles before using dimensionals to pop them onto a rectangle of textured Pear Pizzazz card.  The card base was cut from Confetti White card using the Scallop Square Bigz Clear Die and Big Shot. The gorgeous bird paper is from Nursery Nest Designer Series Paper and the corners were rounded using the Corner Punch.  I tied round a piece of 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon in Marina Mist and finished with a sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes. Do you like the banner effect? I used the 1 1/4" Square Punch - much easier than trying to get it even using scissors!
Aviary Stamp Set by Stampin' Up!
I hope everyone liked it - I have had some lovely comments so far which is nice. It is hot, hot, hot here today - why do our dogs insist on lying in the sun? We have two black labs so they must be roasting!



Here is a list of the Stampin' Up! Products used to make today's card:
Stamp Sets: Aviary, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Inks: Basic Gray, Marina Mist
Cardstock: Confetti White, Basic Gray, Marina Mist, Pear Pizzazz 
Punches: 1 3/4" Circle, 1 1/4" Square, Corner
Big Shot: Circles #2 Originals Die, Scallop Square Bigz Clear Die
Other: Marina Mist 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon

If you would like to order any of these products please either email me or give me a call on07530 368466       and I will be happy to help. Don't forget that any order of £45 or more will automatically qualify for the free ribbon and brad pack.

4 comments:

  1. Love this Nicky. My daughter named Nicki has this set and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the card Nicky!!

    hugs

    A

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved it! Have just ordered some confetti white paper as had never seen it before and it lovely :)

    ReplyDelete