Thursday 9 August 2012

The Open Sea is Triple Time Stamped

Today's card features two of my current favourites - The Open Sea and Triple Time Stamping! I had a couple of emails asking me how to do this so here you go:-


To start cut six pieces of card, these are the sizes I used:
Confetti White 
2" x 3-1/4"
3" x 4-1/4"
4" x 5-1/4"

Mats and Card Base (I used Chocolate Chip Card)
2-1/4" x 3-1/2"
3-1/4" x 4-1/2"
8-1/2" x 5-1/2" (fold in half for card base)


Next, using a tiny bit of Snail adhesive stack the Confetti Cream card together; don't use too much as you need to separate the layers once they are stamped.


Stamp your images in a random pattern over all three layers. Don't worry about the white gaps at the edges as they will be covered when you assemble the card.  I used Pool Party, Wild Wasabi, Chocolate Chip and Crumb Cake inks - a colour combination suggested by the Color Coach.

 
Carefully pull the layers apart and layer them onto the mats and card base 


Assemble the card making sure you keep the images in the correct orientation.  I popped the top layer up on Dimensionals and tied round a piece of the gorgeous Ruffled Ribbon in Pool Party.  The sentiment is from Just Believe and was stamped in Pool Party ink.  The 1 1/4" Square Punch was used to snip the banner end.

The Color Coach is a fantastic tool to help with your card making and scrapbooking. It contains a large swatch of each Stampin' Up! colour, hints and tips to help you use colours effectively and also suggests colour combinations for you to use. I use it a lot as it takes away the guesswork!
Here is a list of the Stampin' Up! Products used to make today's card:
Stamp Sets: The Open Sea, Just Believe
Inks: Chocolate Chip, Pool Party, Wild Wasabi, Crumb Cake
Cardstock: Confetti White, Chocolate Chip
Punches: 1/1/4" Square
Other: Pool Party 3/8" Ruffled Ribbon

If you would like to order any of these products please either email me or give me a call on07530 368466       and I will be happy to help. Don't forget that any order of £60 or more will qualify for the FREE exclusive Reason to Smile stamp set.

No comments:

Post a Comment