Monday 23 September 2013

A Thank You with Stampin' Up! Lovely as a Tree

So have you downloaded MDS yet? I wasn't sure I would like digital crafting but I LOVE it - so versatile and I am loving the potential for hybrid crafting!

Anyway on to today's card.  Dex and I had a weekend up in Yorkshire and I needed a Thank You card for our hosts. The Lovely as a Tree Stamp Set was one I got in my Starter Kit back in 2010 but I haven't used it for a while.


The image was first stamped on a Post-It note, torn at "ground level" and then the landscape and moon were sponged onto Naturals Ivory card using these as a mask (the inks I used were Soft Sky, Island Indigo & Always Artichoke). I have done a quick tutorial showing this which I will post later this week. The image from Lovely as a Tree was then stamped over the sponged background using Early Espresso ink and the Stamp-a-ma-jig to make sure it was in the right place. This piece was matted onto Early Espresso card.  

A piece of Soft Suede Core'dinations Cardstock was run through the Big Shot using the Woodgrain Embossing Folder and distressed using the Stampin' Sanding System. This piece was matted on Naturals Ivory card and an Early Espresso card base.  A sentiment from Morning Madness (an exclusive hostess set) was stamped and matted using the same inks and card and the tails punched using the Hexagon Punch. A button from the Naturals Designer Buttons and a Linen Thread bow finished off the card.

Lovely as a Tree by Stampin' Up!


I was really pleased with how it turned out - Lovely as a Tree is such a versatile set - I shall be using it to make some Christmas cards as well.


Here is a list of the Stampin' Up! supplies used to make today's card. Don't forget you can now order online if you prefer - if you click on the items you will be directed to my online store where you can pop them into your shopping basket:

Stamp Sets: Lovely as a Tree / Morning Madness
Punches: 1 1/4" Circle / Hexagon

I am of course still more than happy for you to contact me directly to order any of these products if you would prefer, please either email me or give me a call on07530 368466.

No comments:

Post a Comment