Friday 27 September 2013

Stampin' Up! Baby Prints for a New Pinkie Baby

So exciting! One of my friends in the Pinkies Stampin' Up! UK Team had her gorgeous daughter last week so obviously I needed to make a card for them.



I decided not to go for the usual pink - I love Coastal Cabana, one of the 2013-15 In-Colors, so used that as my feature colour. The image from Baby Prints was stamped onto Very Vanilla card using Basic Grey ink and run through the Big Shot using a die from the Circles Collection Framelits. A Coastal Cabana mat was cut using the Deco Labels Framelits and paper-pierced using a template from the Essentials Paper-Piercing Pack.  A second piece of Very Vanilla was embossed using the Honeycomb Embossing Folder, matted onto Coastal Cabana and a Basic Grey card base. A strip of Designer Series Paper from the Afternoon Picnic pack was added to the bottom. 

The sentiment was also stamped in Basic Grey ink on Very Vanilla card and the tails punched using the Hexagon Punch. The sweet little baby-grows are from the Baby Tees Jumbo Wheel which I stamped in Basic Grey ink, coloured using Coastal Cabana ink and a Blender Pen and cut out. The Paper Snips are perfect for cutting out little shapes like these - they are so sharp (ask me how I know!).

To finish the card flowers were punched from Coastal Cabana card using the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack and topped with Pearl Basic Jewels.

I love the hand and foot prints in the Baby Prints Stamp Set - they are so cute!  


Baby Prints Stamp Set by Stampin' Up!

I was really pleased with how this card turned out and hopefully the new parents will like it as well.

I have decided I am going to try and enter some online challenges - I find these provide great inspiration for crafting but I am usually far too late to actually enter them - but not this time! The lovely ladies over at the SUO Challenge Blog challenged people make a paper-craft project for a baby so this fits the bill perfectly (I hope!)


Here is a list of the Stampin' Up! supplies used to make today's card. Don't forget you can now order online if you prefer - if you click on the items you will be directed to my online store where you can pop them into your shopping basket:


I am of course still more than happy for you to contact me directly to order any of these products if you would prefer, please either email me or give me a call on07530 368466.

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely lovely! Good luck in the Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable!! Love the use of the jumbo wheel images near the sentiment as well as the color combination! The Hexagon EF works well with the images and all of your additional elements create the perfect baby card!! Thanks for playing along with us at SUO Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet, and I love the Coastal Cabana! You did a great job fussy cutting those onesies! Thanks for joining us at SUO Challenges!

    ReplyDelete