Monday 21 April 2014

A Stampin' Up! Seahorse from By the Tide

A Stampin' Up! Seahorse from By the Tide


Oh I do like to be beside the seaside -well the dogs do anyway so they can have a swim! I am actually further through my quest to use ALL my Stampin' Up! stamp sets than my blog posts would suggest! Today's card uses the Seahorse image from By The Tide.

I stamped the image onto Naturals White card in Early Espresso ink, added some Gorgeous Grunge splatters in Coastal Cabana, cut it out using the Ovals Collection Framelits and sponged the edges with Crumb Cake ink - it was then a matter of building layers! I cut a piece of Crumb Cake Core'dinations cardstock using the Apothecary Accents Framelits and sanded it slightly. The mats are cut in Early Espresso card.  I embossed a piece of Coastal Cabana card using the Decorative Dots Embossing Folder. I am so pleased this item will be available again in the NEW Annual Catalogue (Due out on 1 July 2014)



The card was assembled with some Gold Sequin Trim, Linen Thread and a super-cute Gold Mini Metallic Clothespin.

I am pleased with how this one turned out - although my research has shown that Seahorses like to hang onto coral or seaweed rather than swim so I probably ought to have over-stamped the fern image! What do you think?

Here are the main Stampin' Up! supplies used to make today's card. Remember you can now order online if you prefer - if you click on the image you will be directed to my online store where you can pop them into your shopping basket. If you would prefer not to order online please either email me or give me a call on07530 368466 and I will be happy to help. 


No comments:

Post a Comment