Sunday 6 April 2014

Stampin' Up! Uk - Just Sayin' with Shaving Foam!

Stampin' Up! Uk - Just Sayin' with Shaving Foam!



Speech bubbles are bang on trend at the moment and great for both cards and scrap-booking, so I was super-excited when I saw the Just Sayin' stamp set with MATCHING Word Bubbles framelits in the Spring / Summer Catalogue from Stampin' Up! Even better - if you buy them together as a bundle you can SAVE 15%.

I made this card for my swap at our Pinkies Craft Weekend in Birmingham as it also featured a technique I was demoing - the Shaving Foam Technique - isn't it cute?

The card background was embossed using the Arrows Embossing Folder, a piece of Pistachio Pudding Ruffle Stretch Trim and Linen Thread wound round and then matted onto Pistachio Pudding card and a Note Card.  The sentiments were stamped in Jet Black StazOn ink onto the patterned card and cut out using the Word Bubbles framelits.


So how did I make the patterned background? Well you need a tin of Shaving Foam (not gel!) and some Classic Stampin' Ink Refills.  If you click on the picture below you can enlarge it to see more details.. You can make some amazing colour combinations - or why not just use one colour for a different effect?

I used Blushing Bride, So Saffron and Pistachio Pudding so I could enter this card into the Around the World Colour Challenge (AW14).


Here are the main Stampin' Up! supplies used to make today's card. Remember you can now order online if you prefer - if you click on the image you will be directed to my online store where you can pop them into your shopping basket. If you would prefer not to order online please either email me or give me a call on07530 368466 and I will be happy to help. 

No comments:

Post a Comment