Friday 25 April 2014

Steampunk & Cogs with Stampin' Up! Clockworks

Steampunk & Cogs with Stampin' Up! Clockworks


So Clockworks was ANOTHER Stampin' Up! stamp set which I had bought as I loved it and then NEVER used as I wasn't sure how to use it......  Steampunk is bang on trend and is defined as "a genre of science fiction that typically features steam-powdered machinery rather than advanced technology" - well this card fits the bill perfectly.

As soon as I saw the Starburst Framelits Dies I knew they would make perfect cogs when combined with the Circles Collection Framelits. The picture below shows how to layer up the framelits before running them through the Big Shot:


So to the card. I  used Soft Suede and Crushed Curry ink and the Clockworks stamp set to stamp the background and added Old Olive & Crumb Cake splodges and splashes using the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set.  I then sprizted the card using Crumb Cake re inker and rubbing alcohol.  I cut out several cogs as shown above and built them up - I am not sure an engineer would approve of my configuration though!  

The sentiment is from the Perfect Pennants stamp set and cut using the Banners Framelits Dies (don't forget you can save 15% buying these as a bundle)  I layered it on Linen Thread - I seem to be using rather a lot of this at the moment!



I have to say I was really pleased with how this turned out - I am loving the distressed grungy style right now and this was fun to make.

Here are the main Stampin' Up! supplies used to make today's card. Remember you can now order online if you prefer - if you click on the image you will be directed to my online store where you can pop them into your shopping basket. If you would prefer not to order online please either email me or give me a call on07530 368466 and I will be happy to help. 



No comments:

Post a Comment